Constructing investment plans to meet our clients’ objectives...
Savings & Investments
At Torbay Financial Services, we construct investment plans to meet our clients’ objectives and agreed appetite for risk. We use all asset classes, from equity and bonds to managed futures, and can even access hedge funds where suitable. Managing the expected returns of the mix of investments is key to our investment planning strategies.
The value of investments and the income they produce can fall as well as rise, you may get back less than you invested.
EIS’s and VCT’s invest in assets that are high risk and can be difficult to sell. The value of the investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back what they originally invested, even taking into account the tax benefits.
Fact Finding & Goal Planning
- Analyse Assets and Liabilities
- Establish Target Income / Capital and date(s) required Sum
- Establish any Specific Requirements – Ethical / Social
- Scenario Planning – Risk/Investment Inputs
Attitude to Risk & AssetAllocation
- Complete bespoke H&C Risk Questionnaire
- Discussion on the volatility of different investment assets
- Design a suitable mix of assets to generate expected/desired return
Tax Wrapper/Product & FundResearch and Monitoring
- Pension / ISA / OEIC / UT / Bond / EIS / VCT / Structured Product
- Investment Fund Selection
- Initial External Research Team – ‘fund filtering’
- Extensive Internal Fund research using risk weighted measures of return
- We facilitate three different levels of ongoing service
- We monitor the investment recommendations
- Complete review of all our recommended funds on a regular basis
- We actively make ad hoc changes as and when required
- Rebalance assets to fit allocation model to maintain expected return
- Regular face to face reviews
Cash deposits are useful for holding emergency monies for exploding boilers or short periods of unemployment, but inflation erodes the value of cash over the medium and long term meaning cash is not actually as safe as many people believe. Moreover cash savings accounts currently provide poor value for money.
With inflation hovering at around 3%, many people nowadays are reassessing their actual need for instant access cash, and allocating more capital to purchase ‘real assets’ that have a fighting chance of keeping up! This means decisions need to be made about how and where to invest, but investing in the current environment presents a number of challenges.
The choice of retail investment options is mind blowing with new ways and routes to invest seemingly springing up every day.
Online stock brokerage services provide an easy way to purchase everything from shares in FTSE100 companies to derivatives and CFDs to buying an index through ETorbay Financial Services. The thrill of watching the daily price swings is attractive to some and a small portfolio of handpicked shares can, in the right circumstances, produce stellar returns.
Other investors prefer the relative safety of open ended collective investment funds such as Unit Trusts and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) that also provide access to real assets but have professional fund management making the daily buy/sell decisions. From low cost passive funds to high octane UCITSIII absolute return funds, there are literally thousands of retail collectives to choose from, most with daily liquidity.
EIS’s and VCT’s invest in assets that are high risk and can be difficult to sell such as shares in unlisted companies. The value of the investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back what they originally invested, even taking into account the tax benefits.
Please contact us to arrange an Investment Review. An Initial Investment Review is FREE and without obligation.